- Latin name: Coriandrum sativum
- Plant type: Herb
- Lifecycle: Annual
- Sun exposure: Full Sun, Part Sun
- Soil type: Loamy
- Soil pH: 6.2-6.8
- Sow indoors: After the last frost
- Sow depth: 1/4″ deep
- Sow spread: 1-2″ (rows 12″ apart)
- Seedling temp:
- Water: Keep moist, water regularly (1″ water/ week)
- Days to the first sprout:
- At first sight of sprouts: If using a seedling tray, plant in the final location once 2-3 leaves have formed
- Sunlight / UV light exposure: Sun, to partly sunny (warmth will increase seeding to happen, so if you have in a warm location, make sure to place the plant in the shade during the afternoon)
- Water: Keep moist, but to do not overwater. Make sure to water at the base – not on the foliage to reduce the possibility of mildew
- Air circulation:
- Days to maturity: 45 days
- Height: 20″
- Fertilizer: 1-2 times a growing season with nitrogen. Fish emulsion is also encouraged
- Transplant: Not recommended
- Pot size: 18″ dia, 10-12″ deep
- 1st Pruning: 3-6″ high
- Continuous pruning: Bi-weekly when leaves are 6-12″. Cut near the ground
- Flowering: Pinch the flowers off the plants to encourage more foliage growth
- Freeze: store in a resealable freezer bag
- Dry: hang in a warm, dry place until dry.
- Balcony Garden Web. (2018). How To Grow Cilantro In Pots | Growing Coriander. [online] Available at: http://balconygardenweb.com/how-to-grow-cilantro-in-a-pot-growing-coriander-in-containers/ [Accessed 31 Mar. 2018].
- Bonnie Plants. (2018). Growing Cilantro – Bonnie Plants. [online] Available at: https://bonnieplants.com/growing/growing-cilantro/ [Accessed 31 Mar. 2018].
- Burpee.com. (2018). How to Grow Cilantro – Seeds and Plants, Gardening Tips and Advice – Burpee.com. [online] Available at: https://www.burpee.com/gardenadvicecenter/herbs/cilantro/all-about-cilantro/article10222.html [Accessed 31 Mar. 2018].
- En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Coriander. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriander [Accessed 31 Mar. 2018].
- Old Farmer’s Almanac. (2018). Coriander and Cilantro. [online] Available at: https://www.almanac.com/plant/coriander-and-cilantro [Accessed 30 Mar. 2018].